Department of Mathematics and Statistics

Grad School Panel

 

Wednesday, Nov 3

12:00 – 12:45 PM

Via Zoom
(contact Dr. Malone for the link)

 

 



Margaux Douvier
Western Michigan University

 

I am a first year Statistics Master’s student at Western Michigan University -- I plan to pursue my PhD as well. At this time, I am not sure what area of research I will be getting in to, however, I am currently working on a certificate in Biostatistics. I graduated from Winona State University in 2020 with dual degrees in Statistics and Spanish, and a minor in Data Science. Outside of school, I enjoy a good true crime show/podcast (especially Dateline with Keith Morrison) and eat Taco Bell cheese quesadillas way too often!  

 



Austin Ellingworth
Colorado State University

 

I am a PhD student studying Statistics.  I am in my third year at Colorado State University. My research interests are multiple testing methods, replicability analysis, and statistical applications in genetics. Outside of school, I am interested in sports (and sports analytics), hiking, and live music.

 



 

Nick Meyer
University of Nebraska - Lincoln

 

I'm a 4th year Math PhD student at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. I do research in low-dimensional topology. I'm particularly interested in questions regarding studying 4-manifolds using 3-manifold techniques applied to their boundaries. I'm also interested in Math Education and implementing more open-ended course activities in pre-calculus and non-calculus-track courses.