Student Seminar

12:00 - 12:50 PM, Wednesday, April 14, via ZOOM

Data Engineering: Extract Transform and Load (ETL)

N’Dri Diby

Moving data from one place to another is an important step for a company that relies on its own data for decision making. Data are coming from different sources and it is necessary to bring data into one place to help businesses become more productive. Over the summer I worked for a financial technology company called Spave. As a Data Analytics Engineer intern, I built up a data pipeline to transport raw data, transform data per business logic, and load the data into the target database which enabled software engineers to display information in front of the app. In this presentation, I will go over the different steps I took to build the ETL data pipeline.

       Quality Assurance Analyst at Fastenal

Benjamin Garling

As part of the Quality Assurance team at Fastenal my focus has been working with the Contract Management team where we test the Contract Management application. The primary focus of my talk will be on what it is like to work for a big corporation, how testing programs makes you write better code yourself and some of the ways I have applied my classwork on the job. I will also speak briefly on some challenges that come with working for such a big company and ways to get around some of the hurdles.