Student Seminar

12:00 - 12:50 PM, Wednesday, November 7, Gildemeister 155

Refreshments served beforehand Gildemeister 135. 

 

Data Science in Banking and Investment

Linh Nguyen

In the race to get ahead of all the banks downtown, Merchants Bank has been utilizing data science to improve efficiency and accuracy in reporting to make business decisions. My internship revolved around developing business intelligence (BI) applications for the executive board. Come hear my talk on FinTech and my project of investment in start-ups!



   Forecasting Vending Machines at Fastenal  

Sam Williams

This summer I worked at Fastenal on two major supply chain projects, including Reset and Local Integrated Fulfillment Terminal (L.I.F.T.). During this talk, I will focus on the L.I.F.T. project, which includes providing support for vending machines. My main project consisted of building a model that will effectively and efficiently supply products with 100% accuracy.